INCI Aqua, Pseudoalteromonas Antarctica Ferment, Sodium Hydroxide. Salicylic Acid
approved for organic formulations
A Glycoprotein from the Antarctic Sea with cryoprotective, restructuring and antiwrinkle properties.During the Antarctic summer of 1988, a Spanish scientific expedition collected mud samples from the inlet Admiralty Bay, on King George Island, Antarctica. A new bacterial strain, Pseudoalteromonas Antarctica, was isolated from these samples and characterized. During growth, the bacteria produced an extracellular material, an exopolymer of glycoproteins believed to help the bacteria retain water, adhere to surfaces, and withstand the extreme cold.Its protective function in nature has been applied in cosmetics by the scientists at Lipotec to regenerate and protect the skin.
Skin Restructuring: In nature, AntarcticEne has the function of protecting the bacteria against harsh conditions. In cosmetics, AntarcticEne maintains its natural bioprotective properties and promotes keratinocyte growth and fibroblast adhesion for a skin regenerating effect and enhanced wound healing.
AntiWrinkle Properties In Vitro Test: An invitro skin model composed of keratinocytes and fibroblasts was used to monitor the levels of Collagen I, Collagen IV, and Elastin. The proteins were measured by western blot.
- Collagen I increased 128% in 15 days
- Collagen IV increased 81% in 15 days
- Elastin Levels increased 31% in 15 days
In Vivo Test on Volunteers: Skin topography analyses were performed by obtaining silicon imprints from around the eyes of 10 healthy women volunteers.The product tested was a cream containing 5% Antarcticine and it was applied twice daily for 30 days. Analysis of silicon imprints obtained before and after 30 days of treatment indicated the depth of wrinkles decreased an average of 44%, with maximum values between 50 and 60%.
Benefits of Antarcticene
- Helps the skin retain water, preventing cutaneous dryness
- Presents a cryoprotective effect due to its ability to modify the morphology of ice crystals
- Stimulates fibroblast adhesion and keratinocyte growth, regenerating tissues and enabling a faster healing of woundsIncreased collagen type I and IV, as well as elastin, resulting in a restructured skin and a reduction in wrinkles
- Reduces the depth of wrinkles, especially on the forehead and around the eyes
Stable over a pH range from 3.0 to 7.5. When preparing a gel, it should be added to the water phase.
paraben-free, Ecocert approved version preserved with Salicylic Acid.
Recommended Usage Rate 3 - 5% at coldown.
Appearance: Waterlike liquid, odorless solution contain 25% actives.
Long Term Storage - refrigerator.
Occasionally refrigerated storage can cause precipitation of the preservative. This does not affect the integrity of the product.
MSDS not currently available.